Saturday, June 2, 2012

-- Throwing Up Some New Pictures

     Here's a tip from your good friend Andy... It's probably not the smartest thing to do to take one of the most time-consuming and stressful things you'll ever do in your life, and promise to write a blog about it.  I know I should be posting more pictures and writing more funny stuff, but I'm just whipped.
    Honestly, I don't even know what I think anymore, It's just been push, push, push to get everything done.  I spent most of this morning packing up my entire garage - and keep in mind that my garage has extra storage space where we keep Christmas decorations, heavy duty kitchen stuff, all of my tools, and all of our dry goods that we stock up on at Sam's ('cus a home ain't a home without a 96 pack of toilet paper, enough paper plates to feed all the troops in Afghanistan, and enough red solo cups to make Toby Keith ashamed).
     I'm so tired, in fact, that I just realized that last paragraph was one long run-on sentence and I don't care enough to go back and edit it.  ANYWAAAAAAAAYY...
     Let's get down to what you're here for.  Here's the latest picture of the house:




     We still have to stain the cedar around the entrance, swap out the front door, hang a light in the entranceway, hang the cedar shutters and cedar trellis, and stain both of them.
     Here are two pictures of our Roman master shower.  To keep anyone from having to Google the term, a Roman shower is a type of architecturally designed shower stall that does not require a door or curtain.  Trust me on this one... DO NOT GOOGLE THE PHRASE "ROMAN SHOWER" unless you want to be nauseated.
 

     The accent tiles look a little orange in that picture, but that is the setting sun shining through the transom window.



     Here's another picture of our great room.  The mantle still has to be painted or stained (I've forgotten which).  You'll also see we have paper and cardboard down on the floor to protect the hardwood which has already been put down.



     Here's another shot of our kitchen.  You'll see our backsplash is up.  Under the piece in the center will be our gas stove and over to the right will be our microwave and oven set up like a double oven.  In the space above the center backsplash we will have our hood.



     And that's about it.  Penny won't let me put too many pictures up, I've got to save some of the goods for the Big Reveal Party.  they are supposed to be done with construction on June 12 (7 more working days), we do the walkthrough/punch list on June 13, we do the signing on June 20, a few piddle paddle things for us to bring over/ install June 21 and 22, and the movers are coming on June 23..  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
     Oh well, it will all be OK, it will all be OK, it will all be OK.  That's what I have to keep telling myself.

     Until I put up some more pics, take care.
     PS - June 21st is Penny's birthday.  Make sure you wish a happy one.

     PPS -  And if you've already looked up "Roman Shower" on Google... For shame...

1 comment: